WREATH’S ACROSS AMERICA – 2014
Morrill Worcester, owner of Worcester Wreath Company of Harrington, Maine, was a 12 year old paper boy for the Bangor Daily News when he won a trip to Washington D.C. His first trip to our nation’s capital was one he would never forget, and Arlington National Cemetery made an especially indelible impression on him.
In 1992, Worcester Wreath found themselves with a surplus of wreaths nearing the end of the holiday season. Remembering his boyhood experience at Arlington, Worcester realized he had an opportunity to honor our country’s Veterans. With the help of Maine Senator Olympia Snowe, arrangements were made for the wreaths to be placed at Arlington in one of the older sections of the cemetery, a section which had been receiving fewer visitors with each passing year.
Unable to donate thousands of wreaths to each state, Worcester began sending seven wreaths to every state, one for each branch of the military, and for POW/MIAs. In 2006, with the help of the Civil Air Patrol and other civic organizations, simultaneous wreath laying ceremonies were held at over 150 locations around the country.
TLD has participated in the Wreaths Across America project for 3 years. Our drivers picked up wreaths in Maine, and delivered to TN, KY and TX. Below are the TLD drivers who participated in the transportation this year:
Larry Bell Tom Kean
Leo Bourque Riley Thomas
George Dabney Junior Vaughn
Please take a moment to thank a member of the Armed Services for all they have provided us, for all they continue to provide us and show them the utmost respect and honor they so deserve.
“To be killed in war is not the worst that can happen. To be lost in war is not the worst that can happen… to be forgotten in war is the worst that can happen.” -Pierre Claeyssens (1909-2003).
History of TLD
Much of the weight of North American commerce rides with trucks. That is why every effort is made to insure that every shipment will arrive on time, without issue, every time.
In order to accomplish this TLD makes every effort to understand the unique needs of our valued customers and coordinate the operation of our manpower and equipment to transport their freight to their specifications in a safe and timely manner. By achieving this, TLD goes a step further to maintain flexibility in our transportation matrix to accommodate the short term, special needs of our customers that lie beyond the realm of normal daily requirements.
TLD adheres to all rules and regulations of the transportation industry and strictly abides by all local, state and federal safety regulations regarding the safe operation of our assets.
To ensure growth within the company, TLD Logistics not only promotes, but strongly advocates open communication with all employees. By listening to their ideas it fosters a positive team spirit and a “can do” attitude. This “attitude” goes a step beyond to developing programs and initiatives within our service areas that will enhance the quality of life in the communities where we work and live and strengthen our company’s role as a good corporate citizen.
TLD Logistics Services Inc. (TLD) was formed by Toyota Tsusho America, Inc. (TAI) after the purchase of L and D Transportation Services Inc. (L&D) in November 2008. Prior to the sale, L&D was a successful Tennessee-based corporation that had been in business since 1980.
TAI is a wholly owned subsidiary of Toyota Tsusho Corporation, which was founded as a trading and supply chain specialist for the Toyota Group. TAI has been operating in North America since 1960 and through the years has developed into a multi-business enterprise with diversified supply chains.
TLD has adopted the slogan “G-Value with You” to highlight the key characteristics of our organization:
- Global – expanding activities in a global arena
- Glowing – maintaining a healthy, glowing enthusiasm and passion
- Generating – continually generating new business
- Green – raising environmental consciousness and committing to green operations
As we follow and live our G-Value principles, we will also dedicate ourselves to creating G-Value with you, thereby realizing our core commitments.
- Headquartered in Knoxille, TN
- Centralized 24-hour dispatch located in Knoxville, TN
- Truckload, expedited, LTL and JIT services
- 525 Employees
- 450 Tractors
- 140 Owner Operators
- Satellite Communications
- Dry vans, refrigerated vans, curtain-side flatbeds
- Licensed in 48 states and Ontario, Canada
- Warehouse capabilities throughout the United States
- C-TPAT Level 1 Certification
- CSA Part 1 Certification
- ISO 140001 Environmental Certification
Transportation Safety Management Statement
TLD Logistics Services Inc. is absolutely committed to applying the ethics of safety to each and every aspect of their transportation system. This will be accomplished through the strategic development and implementation of a continually improving Transportation Safety Management System (TSMS). The following statements are deeply entrenched in our business philosophy as we move forward:
- Create and maintain a safe and healthy work environment for staff and customers
- Certify that all managers, and supervisors have the responsibility to train their workers in approved work procedures to prevent accidents and injuries and to guarantee that workers and visitors follow safe work practices
- Implement and maintain the TLD Transportation Safety Management System
- Ensure that a high level of safety performance on and off the highway is continually improved
- Assure employee, customer and the public safety through the careful implementation and critical managements of these objectives
- Adhere to all the rules and regulation of the transportation industry and strictly abide by all local, state, and federal safety regulations regarding the safe operation of our assets
- Conduct our operations in compliance with relevant statutory provisions concerning environmental matters, strive to use environmentally-friendly products at our company and promote environmental awareness with all employees